Indiana Rivers
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

links to info on the Kankakee River

View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: links to info on the Kankakee River Reply with quote

The once great Kankakee Marsh has been drained...partially by channelizing the kankakee river.

I have heard no real reports of paddling on the Kankakee river, but I would think that channelizing the river would speed it up and make any snags more dangerous for paddlers.

I look forward to some reports on this river. For more info on the river check out http://www.indianaoutfitters.com/kankakee_river.html
GunthorTM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Paddled Kankakee Sunday. Reply with quote

Dropped in at 49 with my brother and sister-in-law, only 1 guy fishing from that spot, there were very few snags along the 14 plus miles we paddled. Current was about 1.7 mph we did the trip to the Grand Kankakee Marsh as we got closer that the pull out we had more fishermen but all were very curtious, made for a pleasant paddle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Rivers Forum Index -> Kankakee River All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: