Indiana Rivers
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

20090426 Sugar Valley Canoe Trips livery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Rivers Forum Index -> Sugar Creek - Crawfordsville - served by Liveries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voodoodriver

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: 20090426 Sugar Valley Canoe Trips livery Reply with quote

We canoed with Sugar Valley Canoe Trips. http://www.sugarvalleycanoes.com
and ended up going with the 15 mile trip. We camped at Shades, the night before. Shades was nice. The SVCT overnight trips weren't available.

We went from Deer Mill to where ever Sugar Valley Canoe Trips puts in for their 3 1/2 hour trip. (basically 11 1/2 miles). The gage at Crawfordsville was 700'ish. We were using a SCC canoe.

The guy who signed us in assured us that it would be a float trip, requiring very little paddling. It was supposed to be a five - six hour trip. We quit after 7 and 1/2 hours. We got beat up by the wind and had to do quite a bit of paddling. I was with a seven year old. He was in charge of beverages, snack, amphibians and finding crinoids.

We have paddled with Clements last year. Clements said "come on out", last summer for the opportunity to drag a canoe for a couple of miles. So I was definitely inclined to spend my money elsewhere.

Sugar Valley Canoe gets about an 11 on a 10 scale for hospitality and vibe. They were super nice. My son had a great time checking out the patio at the gas station before we left on the canoe trip.

After about 6 hours, I was cursing all canoe livery operators, their parents and their progeny.

I would go again, but bring someone else who can paddle. and balance out the boater better.

jenandcj

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: The Nature of Sugar Creek Reply with quote

I have to make a quick note on behalf of Clements Canoes Outdoor Center. We try and make each and every person who makes a reservation or walks in for a trip aware of water conditions. We are the ONLY outfitter on Sugar Creek that truly does care about our customer and not just for the trip they are doing that day but canoe trips and overnight stays in the future. Sugar Creek does tend to get low every year late summer no matter which livery you use, that is all up to mother nature. But with the right mindset, the average family still can go out and have a great time on a hot August day even with low water. Late summer and early fall is especially great for small kids and provides awesome fishing!
I am directly sorry to the author of this post but we would tell anyone who wants to get out enjoy Sugar Creek to "Come on out" and the majority of the the people have a great time with perfect water or low water. I would suggest coming in the spring, April thru June, if you are looking for "ideal" water conditions but you can always call and ask and the staff at Clements will give you a honest answer!

voodoodriver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ -

Thank you for posting that.

blessedfamily

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: SugarValley Canoes poor customer service Reply with quote

I was planning my yearly canoe trip and decided to go with Sugarvalley again even though they did us wrong last year(gave our canoes away)..and I had 12 people or more that had reservations..anyhow I called a few days ago to reserve my canoe and was told I did not need a cc for a reservation because it was only one canoe..so I have family member call and they need a cc to make the reservation?? Does that make sense to anyone on here? Its policy that they have a cc to make reservation but when I called my reservation was with the owner!! I did speak with her after being told she wasn't around(she called me back within 1 minute)..phone call started off hateful--I was told I had no right to be irritated and that she would take my cc so everyone is following policy...I am really big on good customer service and I had a right to be irritated--policy is something that is everyday not depending on who you talk with or whoever answers the phone..we will be going to Wildcat canoe and kayak too this year..anyone been there? Looks beautiful! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Rivers Forum Index -> Sugar Creek - Crawfordsville - served by Liveries All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: