Indiana Rivers
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

River Trash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Rivers Forum Index -> River Environmental Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imracing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: River Trash Reply with quote

I like to spend time on the Wabash River. It is great to see so many boaters, kayaks, sail boats, air boats, and in my case hovercrafts utilizing the beauty of our local river. It has saddened me though to see so many people camping and leaving their trash. There has to be some way to enforce this. I don't know if it takes a greater DNR presence or what. Sending trash down stream is not the answer though.

Josh Speer

muddy chris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, dnr does not care about trash. their concern is revenue.
Zehner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muddy chris wrote:
Sadly, dnr does not care about trash. their concern is revenue.

I agree. The less DNR has to do with the rivers, the better. We want the rivers to stay wild, and that isn't something DNR can help with.

The best thing is for those of us who care about the rivers to clean things up a bit as we go. You can't take a tire aboard, but you can fill a trash bag.

Also, it is good to stick to the remoter parts of each river where fewer careless people go. Sugar Creek is night-and-day different on the stretched below Jackson Bridge versus the part running through Turkey Run where all the drunken renters go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Rivers Forum Index -> River Environmental Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: