Indiana Rivers
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 7th and 8th Trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Rivers Forum Index -> Sugar Creek - Crawfordsville - served by Liveries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDPATH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: June 7th and 8th Trip Reply with quote

Some friends and I took a two day trip from Crawfordsville to Cox Ford Covered Bridge. The flow was approx. 500-600. I have run the river several other times, and I felt like this was a good flow. You still had to paddle hard and hit the right spots in the rapids not to get hung up. Very rarely did we have to get out to free up though. The fishing was a bit off, I'm thinking due to the stained water. It is usually much clearer. We saw a huge bald eagle. He kept leading the way for us. The run from Crawfordsville to the Shades Canoe camp was about 6 or 7 hours, we were taking frequent breaks, but kept a steady pace most of the time. The stretch from the camp to Cox was around 4 hours. Great trip. I'll post pics in the future. There were a couple of rookies that I had to jump out and "save". they were stuck on a rock in the middle of some shallow rapids. So if yoThey left the river scared at the next bridge. So if you are not experienced this flow might not be for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Rivers Forum Index -> Sugar Creek - Crawfordsville - served by Liveries All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: